[lfs-dev] grub

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 12:42:05 PDT 2016

Looking for opinions.  Should we update grub from beta2 to beta3?

 From the lfs point of view, I didn't notice any change when we did the
last update to beta2.

Upstream does not seen to be very interested in releases.  2.00 was 2013,
as was 2.02-beta2. beta3 was in February of this year.  I monitor the
mailing list and there is almost no mentions of getting ready for a release.

We could wait, but it might be years -- or never.  OTOH, I have no idea if
beta3 provides any benefits to LFS users.  From reading the developers
mailing list, the activity seems to be on things like vmware and
mainframes.  I don't recall anything in the last several years that would
affect x86 systems.

   -- Bruce