[lfs-dev] grub

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Sun Jul 31 13:13:14 PDT 2016

On Sun, 31 Jul 2016 14:42:05 -0500
Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> wrote:

> From the lfs point of view, I didn't notice any change when we did the
> last update to beta2.
>
> Upstream does not seen to be very interested in releases.  2.00 was 2013,
> as was 2.02-beta2. beta3 was in February of this year.  I monitor the
> mailing list and there is almost no mentions of getting ready for a release.
>
> We could wait, but it might be years -- or never.  OTOH, I have no idea if
> beta3 provides any benefits to LFS users.  From reading the developers
> mailing list, the activity seems to be on things like vmware and
> mainframes.  I don't recall anything in the last several years that would
> affect x86 systems.

Hello Bruce,

Looking at the 9473 commits between the beta2 and beta3 tags, there are a lot of fixes in i386 and video which users may desire. Plenty of bugs have been fixed, as well. To view all of the changes:

Clone the grub repository and view the log between release tags:

git clone git://git.savannah.gnu.org/grub.git
git log e8f07821cce1bd0ab6d5622c2a42440f15f4fd71 8207874e5d0d05159fd8c531c87f0f6e4653b8a6

Or view the long list via the web interface: http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/grub.git/

Sincerely,

William Harrington