[lfs-dev] gcc i386 test failures on x86_64

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Fri Sep 2 16:44:46 PDT 2016

ISTR I reported a lot of i386 test failures in gcc-6.1 recently.
Nobody else had anything like the number I saw, so I wondered if the
kernel didn't support ia32 emulation.  On my haswell, there was no
problem.

Now I'm on the old machine I'm using as my test server (Athlon II X2
255) - family 16, model 6.  And it DOES have

 CONFIG_IA32_{EMULATION,AOUT}=y

but it reported 1113 failures in the gcc part of the gcc test
summary, all in gcc/target/i386/mpx.

I'm guessing it is something specific to AMD hardware (or.
alternatively, building on a 4.4 kernel).

ken (US kbd on this box, kra isn't mapped to AltGr-k !)
for them.'     -- Small Gods