[lfs-dev] Removing /lib64 symlink and /usr/lib64 revisited

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Sep 7 22:53:08 PDT 2016

Okay, now that 7.10 has released, time to bring this up again. This gets
rid of the "seems to be moved" messages, as well as a most tests for
arch=x86_64. The /lib64 directory remains for LSB (and other binary)
compatibility. Requires changes to a few CMake packages, as well as
CLang, otherwise, relatively easy. I still haven't tested rebuild of
ada, but did build a significant portion of BLFS (and since we are
following what is already done for CLFS Pure64), seems relatively safe.

See patch to current SVN at:
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~dj/lfs-nosymlinks.patch

--DJ