[lfs-dev] Removing /lib64 symlink and /usr/lib64 revisited

akhiezer lfs65 at cruziero.com
Thu Sep 8 02:47:18 PDT 2016

> From: DJ Lucas <dj at linuxfromscratch.org>
> Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2016 00:53:08 -0500
> Subject: [lfs-dev] Removing /lib64 symlink and /usr/lib64 revisited
>
> Okay, now that 7.10 has released, time to bring this up again.

(Is it a little unseemly to jump on this again so immediately after
new-releases announcement.)

> This gets rid of the "seems to be moved" messages,

Or fixup the dumbness of the generators of the 'seems to be moved' msgs?

> as well as a most tests for arch=x86_64.

Not a big deal, shurely?

> The /lib64 directory remains for LSB (and other binary)
> compatibility. Requires changes to a few CMake packages, as well as
> CLang, otherwise, relatively easy. I still haven't tested rebuild of
> ada, but did build a significant portion of BLFS (and since we are
> following what is already done for CLFS Pure64), seems relatively safe.

Why do you want (seemingly so much) to do such work - not least vs the
above 'moved'/'tests' reasons - and to take b/lfs down that avenue.

Does it make things more awkward for folks who may want to add 32-bit
multilib to a 64-bit build.

> See patch to current SVN at:
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~dj/lfs-nosymlinks.patch

rgds,