[lfs-dev] gold

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sat Feb 4 10:23:07 PST 2017

On Sat, Feb 04, 2017 at 04:58:38PM +0000, Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 04, 2017 at 12:07:55AM -0600, DJ Lucas wrote:
> >
> > Interesting, I had just suggested to Bruce (the other day on IRC) that we go ahead and do it. I've seen absolutely no failures with bfd as the default linker with both big DEs installed. I haven't gotten around to newer QT yet. I was hoping we'd see a 2.28 release well before now. Does QT pick up gold by default?
> >
> It seems not - I have both ld.gold, ld.bfd and ldd (bfd) in /usr/bin,
> with a /usr/bin/gold directory containing an ld symlink.  I normally
> put that first on the PATH, but using a normal PATH it used ld.bfd.

Hmm, I just took a look at my scripts to see where I mention gold,
and I discovered that I added -no-use-gold-linker to qt5 a while
ago, so presumably it has not worked for a while.  That may well be
in qtwebengine (I only really build qt for qupzilla on my normal
builds).

And that switch apparently no longer works.  Strange.

ĸen
for them.'     -- Small Gods