[lfs-dev] gettext test stall, was Re: glibc-2.25 compile error

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sat Feb 25 10:14:54 PST 2017

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 10:17:28PM -0600, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Ken Moffat wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 05:14:16AM +0000, Ken Moffat wrote:
> > >
> > Not sure if this will get into 8.0, but I've now completed the build
> > on the machine which shows the problem.  So, on the assumption it
> > doesn't, I'm following up here.  Three things are worth noting:
>
> Ken, please go ahead and make the changes.  You are the one most familiar
> with the explanations.
>
>   -- Bruce
Thanks. I've made a stab at this in r11193, but I had forgotten that
in LFS we don't have the 'Command Explanations' we sometimes use in
BLFS. For coreutils and findutils I think it is fairly obvious which
test is being suppressed.

For gettext I mentioned the test by name, our users can look at the
line in gettext-runtime/tests/Makefile.in which is being deleted to
satisfy themselves that only this test is deleted.

ĸen
for them.'     -- Small Gods