[lfs-dev] Oddities while testing.

Alain Toussaint atoussaint1976 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 13:20:54 PDT 2017

Sorry about the top post, I'm using my phone until I'm done building LFS
and some of BLFS for my usb keys.

The issue I have with chapter 5 glibc is that glibc won't build without
--disable-werror. The gcc used is 7.1.0 from about a month ago (I build LFS
svn on a monthly basis if not more often for research purposes).

As for the tmpfs, I use them to preserve the life of my ssd, not really for
speed reason. It's an used laptop and I suspect I'll need a replacement
drive within a year.

Tomorrow, I'll report back with the full build status.

Best regards and thanks for the project.

Alain