[lfs-dev] New packages in LFS

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 09:18:16 PDT 2017

Armin K. wrote:

> What you suggested would make blfs books diverge a lot, and that would
> make development harder. That's the same reason many packages are in
> both books, yet not required by systemv book (gperf, attr, acl, libcap,
> expat, xml::parser, etc). You are free to ommit the unnecessary
> packages yourself, if you feel the need.

I agree with your comment about divergence.  The other packages you
mention are needed by many packages in BLFS, not just systemd.

LFS has never been about building a minimal system.  For instance,
automake/autoconf are not needed to complete lfs.  They are however needed
for several packages in blfs and have been in lfs from the beginning.

   -- Bruce