[lfs-dev] New packages in LFS

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 18:39:37 PDT 2017

Alain Toussaint wrote:
>> There are many packages which could be in BLFS.  The number of
>> editors is few.
>

> Ken or anyone else,
>
> What is required to become an editor {LFS,BLFS}?

A willingness to work with other editors and to make changes to the books
using docbook and svn.  Large or invasive changes need to be discussed
before they are committed.  Generally we need to limit new packages just
because of the maintenance burden.

See http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/edguide/ for mechanics.

Dated but still valid.

Where we need help is keeping up with upstream changes in BLFS.  LFS is
generally fairly easy to maintain, but discussions are reasonably common.

   -- Bruce