[lfs-dev] systemd using meson and ninja

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Oct 12 07:53:55 PDT 2017

On October 12, 2017 9:36:32 AM CDT, John Burrell <john_burrell at hotmail.com> wrote:
>I installed systemd using the dev version of the systemd book.
>
>When starting LFS for the first time I get a message that:
>
>systemd-user-sessions.service fails
>
>This is because the file:
>
>/usr/lib/systemd/systemd-user-sessions
>
>has not been installed.
>
>Has anyone else noticed this?
>
>I'm afraid I know nothing about ninja so cannot debug build.ninja or
>whatever controls the installation.
>
>jb.
>--
>
>--
>This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by
>E.F.A. Project, and is believed to be clean.
>
>Click here to report this message as spam.
>https://efa.lucasit.com/cgi-bin/learn-msg.cgi?id=833FA60AD3.A970A&token=2084f159280cdf3eb1c45853d4177d2f

Yeah, it won't complete until reinstallation. I thought about dropping something in the book about that a few years back. Short answer is to remove /run/nologin. You can even do it in the 'missing' file if you like, I've done that recently, it'll just get overwritten when the full installation is completed. 235 should be coming shortly after I beat Chromium into submission.

--DJ