[lfs-dev] Sourceforge problems

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 08:33:50 PST 2018

There are major problems right now with sourceforge.  They have been
ongoing for a couple of weeks.

By my count there are 6 packages in LFS and about 100 in BLFS that point
to sourceforge for downloads.

I would like to remind all that we mirror most packages in both LFS and
BLFS.  The mirrors are listed at
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/mirrors.html#files

The master mirror site is typically updated the day after a new package
version is posted to the (BLFS only) development book.  It may take
another day for the updated file versions to propagate to the secondary
mirror sites.

The LFS packages are only updated on the master mirror for stable releases.

Let's hope that the sourceforge engineers resolve their problems quickly.

   -- Bruce