[lfs-dev] 6.6 Creating essential files

Paul Rogers paulgrogers at fastmail.fm
Mon Mar 5 11:23:12 PST 2018

Two questions, if I may:

1) Group "nogroup" is created here.  Conventionally, GIDs are named the same as their corresponding UIDs.  I discovered vsftpd really wants "nobody".  What's the rationale here?

2) Why is the messagebus user/group created here?  The dbus package isn't installed until BLFS, and a grep of my existing build scripts doesn't show it used as a parameter.  What's its use in the very Spartan base LFS system?

--
Paul Rogers
paulgrogers at fastmail.fm