[lfs-dev] Configuring vim and position of defaults.vim

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Mon Mar 12 15:10:57 PDT 2018

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 05:19:45PM +0000, Ken Moffat wrote:

> > What is your experience if you have both /etc/vimrc and ~/.vimrc, and
> > comment out both the source $VIMRUNTIME/defaults.vim line and the
> > skip_defaults_vim line?
> >

> Dunno.  I might try that later.

I've tried it now on a different machine, that is fine and if, for
example, I add a <!-- FIXME --> comment into some xml, the FIXME
is highlighted as I expect.

In either case, it no longer returns to the last-edited position -
so not everyone will like it.

Another reply to your later post will follow.

ĸen
--
Truth, in front of her huge walk-in wardrobe, selected black leather
boots with stiletto heels for such a barefaced truth.