mv doesn't work after coreutils!

Andrew Sharp andrew.sharp3 at ntlworld.com
Tue May 4 05:25:53 PDT 2004

Dear support,

I have finished installing coreutils and moved mv to /bin last  as directed
and made the symlinks at the end. All of the other commands involved seem to
work (cat, size, date, dir, touch, cp, ls all tested) but mv does not. It
exists, but the zlib command goes as follows
 	mv /usr/lib/libz.so.* /lib
	bash: /usr/bin/mv: No such file or directory

Mv has ceased to function. Why is this? How can I put this right?

In the meantime, I shall copy a version back to /usr/bin so that I can get on.

Andrew