Glibc in chap 6: mtrace

ilja sjerra at cinar.co.uk
Thu May 6 05:07:21 PDT 2004

Hi,

Sorry to bring this up as it seems like an old topic. But when I make
check Glibc in chapter 6 I get following error.

>   > /tools/src/glibc-build/libio/tst-fopenloc.check
> /tools/src/glibc-build/malloc/mtrace
> /tools/src/glibc-build/libio/tst-fopenloc.mtrace >>
> /tools/src/glibc-build/libio/tst-fopenloc.check
> /bin/sh: line 1: /tools/src/glibc-build/malloc/mtrace: No such file or
> directory
> make[2]: *** [/tools/src/glibc-build/libio/tst-fopenloc.check] Error 127
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/tools/src/glibc-2.3.2/libio'
> make[1]: *** [libio/tests] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/tools/src/glibc-2.3.2'
> make: *** [check] Error 2

It's been discussed before (I googled) But I couldn't find what the real
anwer is.
I'm currently trying to install LFS from a toolchain that has been build
on an existing LFS/BLFS installation.
Hope somebody knows the anwer.

I've also been trying to get the support newsgroup running in my
netscape, but I'm getting nowhere. can somebody give me the exact address?
I've tried news.linuxfromscratch.org.support but it didn't work.

Regards,

Ilja