Glibc in chap 6: mtrace

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Thu May 6 05:58:10 PDT 2004

On Thu, 6 May 2004, ilja wrote:

> I got this from google.
>
> http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/lfs-dev/2003-April/033251.html
>
> Someone back then with exactly the same problem, but it never got
> properly anwered.
>
> Regards,
>
> ilja

 I can remember having this problem myself and being pointed in the
right direction, but I think the search engine is a law unto itself
these days.  Mtrace is a perl script.  Look at the output from configure
and I think you'll see that your perl isn't working.

 From memory, in my case it was caused by a scripted install - the perl
version changed and I forgot to change the version in the directory
names where I was copying the files at the end of chapter 5.

Ken