Glibc in chap 6: mtrace

ilja sjerra at cinar.co.uk
Thu May 6 06:44:54 PDT 2004


I'm scripting as well and it seems i've installed the new perl 5.8.4 
into /perl5/5.8.0.
Grr... What a silly mistake!
In the mean while I accidently deleted the binutils-build in the 
toolchain tree so I'll have to start all over again.

many thanks Ken

Ilja


Ken Moffat wrote:

>On Thu, 6 May 2004, ilja wrote:
>
>  
>
>>I got this from google.
>>
>>http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/lfs-dev/2003-April/033251.html
>>
>>Someone back then with exactly the same problem, but it never got
>>properly anwered.
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>ilja
>>
>>    
>>
>
> I can remember having this problem myself and being pointed in the
>right direction, but I think the search engine is a law unto itself
>these days.  Mtrace is a perl script.  Look at the output from configure
>and I think you'll see that your perl isn't working.
>
> From memory, in my case it was caused by a scripted install - the perl
>version changed and I forgot to change the version in the directory
>names where I was copying the files at the end of chapter 5.
>
>Ken
>  
>




More information about the lfs-support mailing list