Glibc in chap 6: mtrace

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Thu May 6 07:30:38 PDT 2004

On Thu, 6 May 2004, ilja wrote:

> I'm scripting as well and it seems i've installed the new perl 5.8.4
> into /perl5/5.8.0.
> Grr... What a silly mistake!
> In the mean while I accidently deleted the binutils-build in the
> toolchain tree so I'll have to start all over again.
>
> many thanks Ken
>
> Ilja

 Heh, the same error.

 At the end of chapter 5, something like

tar -cvz --exclude='/mnt/lfs/sources/*' -f LFS-whichever-ch5.tar.gz

tends to save me (not always, sometimes I do a full restart).  My
sources use mount --bind to make them available, so I don't want them in
the backup.  If your host's version of tar doesn't have a working
exclude (versions <1.13.25) you might need to use /mnt/lfs/tools/tar.

Ken