"--libexecdir=" in book 5.1-pre2

ilja sjerra at cinar.co.uk
Fri May 7 04:46:39 PDT 2004

Hi,

I've been compiling a new LFS base system and thought it interesting to
try out the new LFS book. I've been using it together with the old one
to see what the differences are and noticed that for packages where
"--libexecdir=" is defined, the location has been changed from /usr/bin
to /usr/lib. (for example FindUtils but also Glibc).  But for Inetutils
the location remained the same (/usr/sbin).
Can someone shed some light on why these changes are made? Has it to do
purely with FHS compliance or are there other practical reasons?

Regards,

ilja