compiler optimizations

ilja sjerra at cinar.co.uk
Fri May 7 06:28:03 PDT 2004

Hi,

I know the LFS book strongly advices agains using compiler
optimizations, but I'm in my 4th LFS compile, and to keep things
excited, I'm going ahead with:
"-O3 -march=pentium3". I'm just to currious about the effect.
I'm in chapter 6 and Glibc has just compiled and been checked. No errors
found.
So, I'm about to install the first and most important library, but then
again, I'm no fool. -in contrast to what some of my friends think ;)-.
Is this a project bound to hit the wall or do you give me a chance in
succeeding?

Kind regards,

Ilja