YAANSF

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Fri May 7 11:13:42 PDT 2004

People, for your amusement it's Yet Another Any No Such File!

So, there I was building 5.1pre2 from itself to make sure it could do
that and to compare the results of hte two builds.  Chapter 5 was
uneventful, so on into chroot, or not:

/tools/bin/env: No such file or directory

 Now, this was a scripted build, the only change since the first build
was an alteration to my function to check the space used, and that
seemed ok.  Used ldd and ls -l on /tools/bin from the host and all
looked fine.  Then I took a look around /tools and noticed a couple of
unexpected directories: binutils-2.14 and binutils-build.  I'd only gone
and symlinked /tools to /mnt/lfs instead of /mnt/lfs/tools :-(

 Moved of all the directories (didn't realise there are so many!) back
to under /mnt/lfs/tools/ and a quick play suggests it would work ok, so
if anybody else makes the same mistake try that as a possible fix.

But since this is a regression test, I'm starting over. <sigh/>

Ken