LFS + latest packages + kernel 2.6.x

James Buchanan buchanan at iinet.net.au
Sat May 8 06:51:27 PDT 2004

Hi,

I have done a search in the archives for LFS + kernel 2.6.x, but it
points to RedHat's kernel headers.  Is this strictly necessary?  I
don't want to use RedHat's because they make modifications to the
stock kernels, and I would like a stock kernel.

Can I build a 2.6.x based system on a 2.4.x hosted system?  Can I use
the latest packages (I assume I can't just apply the current patches
to packages with different versions?)  Is it absolutely necessary to
use the patches?

I think I just add --with-headers=/linux-2.6.5/include or something
like that.  Do I need to add this from the very start, i.e. when doing
binutils?

Many Thanks,
James Buchanan