LFS + latest packages + kernel 2.6.x

Bill's LFS Login lfsbill at nospam.dot
Sat May 8 07:14:14 PDT 2004

On Sat, 8 May 2004, James Buchanan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have done a search in the archives for LFS + kernel 2.6.x, but it
> points to RedHat's kernel headers.  Is this strictly necessary?  I
> don't want to use RedHat's because they make modifications to the
> stock kernels, and I would like a stock kernel.

IIRC, search for PLD headers? I believe some folks have settled on
those. The name may not be right, but you should be able to find the
right headers in the archives that seem to be agreed upon by the
lfs-hackers folks.

><snip>

As a general helpful hint, hopefully, focus on the lfs-hackers archives.
All these things are addressed in there. Also, the b6_0 CVS book may
have a lot of this addressed (I'm not sure, haven't looked) because it
was based on the BE-LFS stuff.

> Many Thanks,
> James Buchanan

Wish I could help more, but I only follow the posts on this stuff so
far, haven't actually done any of it.

Bill Maltby
lfsbillATearthlinkDOTnet