Glibc 2.3.2 make error

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Sat May 8 12:51:56 PDT 2004

On Sat, 8 May 2004, Markus Bender wrote:

> Well, Don't halloo till you're out of the wood!
>
> Now I get an error with posix:
>
> -o /mnt/lfs/sources/glibc-build/posix/uname.o
> ../sysdeps/generic/uname.c:25:25: config-name.h: No such file or directory
> ../sysdeps/generic/uname.c: In function `__uname':
> ../sysdeps/generic/uname.c:57: error: `UNAME_SYSNAME' undeclared (first use
> in this function)

[snip]

> Any idea here?
>

> Markus

 I don't know what version of libc is in Suse-9.0, which I think you
said you were using, but this sounds like another "too new" host.  I
could be completely off the mark here (wouldn't be the first time), but
I think you might be trying to build glibc-2.3.2 on a glibc-2.3.3 host.

 What versions of glibc, gcc, and binutils are you using ? (ldd
--version, gcc --version, ld -v)  These are going to determine "how far
back" you can go.

Ken