LFS5.0 Chapter 6 GCC pg 123/289 -- FIXED PART 4

mrnobby no at spam.please
Sat May 8 15:37:14 PDT 2004

"Ken Moffat" <ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net> wrote in message
news:Pine.LNX.4.58.0405082311070.19071 at ppg_penguin...
On Sun, 9 May 2004, Mark Carey wrote:

> Firstly thank you all for your replies.
>
> Secondly gcc now compiles, I removed my 3COM 3C905B TX PCI ethernet
adaptor and
> the WOL cable and gcc compiled first time.  This was eth1 previously
and it had
> no cable plugged into its back.  So how this was causing errors I do
not know,
> but I am now writing from mozilla in fluxbox and thigs seem reasonable
stable!!

> I am running `make -k check' as I write.

WOW! glad you found the problem so quick. I have a Realtek card somwhere
which I used to use in a Windoze box. That used to screw up Windoze if
it wasn't plugged into something it could talk to... I'll have to see if
it does the same with Linux now :-)

Mr Nobby.