Glibc 2.3.2 make error

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Sun May 9 04:40:59 PDT 2004

On Sun, 9 May 2004, Markus Bender wrote:

> >  What versions of glibc, gcc, and binutils are you using ?
>
> ldd (GNU libc) 2.3.2
>
> gcc (GCC) 3.3.1 (SuSE Linux)
>
> GNU ld version 2.14.90.0.5 20030722 (SuSE Linux)
>
> so long
> Markus

 In that case, I was mistaken.  Those versions look sensible for
building 5.0.

 OK, I've looked at a 2.3.2 tarball here.  The UNAME_ values should be
set during ./configure.  Take a look at config.log (I think that's the
name) to see what it says, or perhaps try running scripts/config.guess.

 Did you blow away the source and build directories after your previous
problem with missing headers, or did you try to resume in the same
directories ?

Ken