Boot hangs

John Smartcat99S at stgeorges.myvnc.com
Mon May 10 11:46:58 PDT 2004

Florian Dörsch wrote:

>Hello,
>i've a big problem, i compiled and set up the lfs-system normally, but after
>the moment it says
>
>"Bringing up eth0... [ OK ]"
>
>, the system hangs and does not spawn a getty. The strange thing is, in the
>logfiles (if I boot with a SuSE CD, it works) it says /dev/tty1: No such
>file or directory. Also the syslogd-Daemon can't access a tty, it says also
>/dev/tty10: Permission denied.
>
>I've created the devices correctly!

I don't know if this is a common problem, but that's the same exact
problem that I had. (suse 9, LFS CVS ~040404)

Windows: n., A large, HD corrupting, virus that causes spontanious
crashes, especially when you were about to click on the save button.
Easily cured by Linux. See also MacOS (0.01-10.3), DOS, IBM-DOS, MS-DOS,
DR-DOS, or SCO Unix.
Cats Rule!!!