Building glibc-2.3.2 pass1 with static gcc hangs

Joerg Hahn hahnjoerg at arcor.de
Mon May 10 11:53:05 PDT 2004

Moin

I try to build lfs-5.0 on a woody stable. As there is only a gcc-3.0 I
tried to use the fresch build gcc in /tools/bin. Everything works fine
until it comes to the test in iconvdata/run-iconv-test.sh. I found out,
that this script hangs at the line 44 in which the script looks for the
type of echo used. It goes like this:
if (echo "testing\c"; echo 1,2,3) | grep c >/dev/null; then
  ac_n=-n ac_c= ac_t=
else
  ac_n= ac_c='\c' ac_t=
fi
I don't think that I stopped the script to soon, as it went about 15
minutes. Is there something I've forgotten to do or read?

--
und dann

george