util-linux 2.12a fails, headers = kernel 2.6.6

James Buchanan buchanan at iinet.net.au
Tue May 11 08:43:59 PDT 2004

When compiling util-linux-2.12a a file included from mount.c (loop.h)
include my_dev_t.h (or whatever), which #define's my_dev_t (or
whatever) to be __kernel_dev_t.  But this doesn't seem to work at all.
I'm using GCC 3.3.2 with the 2.6.6 kernel headers.  I had to use sed
to do an extra search and replace, to replace /usr/lib with
/tools/lib.  Would that have broken it?  I wonder if it's even looking
for the correct kernel headers?  Should I add
kernel-2.6.6/include/whatever-has-kernel_dev_t to that file to fix it?

Cheers
James