Diff between "LFS-glibc" and "Debian-glibc"

Gueven Bay guevenbay at web.de
Thu May 13 06:57:38 PDT 2004

Hi guys,

I compared the size of the installed glibc in LFS with the glibc in Debian.
Debian ca. 12 MB against LFS ca. 800MB  8-)

Here is the size of LFS glibc:
http://lfs.linux-matrix.net/lfs/view/stable/chapter05/glibc.html

Here is the size of glibc in Debian:
http://packages.debian.org/stable/base/libc6
(Look under the "i386" button in the row "installed size")

So, can someone please tell me the difference between the two packages?
As I read from the glibc page of Debian they take the glibc-2.3.2.tar.gz (in unstable), too.
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/base/libc6
(look at the bottom at the little row "Source package")

Is there a way of installing the glibc following the LFS way with just the tiny size of Debian glibc?

regards,
gueven bay