Linux-2.4.26 headers

Roel Neefs geryon at gaosu.rave.org
Fri May 14 12:50:17 PDT 2004

On Friday 14 May 2004 21:41, wilhelm.moser at demos.at wrote:
> section : LFS-BOOK-5.1-pre2-HTML\chapter05\kernel-headers.html
> Platform: RH9 Installation without updates!
>
> I did it exactly as described in LFS-BOOK-5.1-pre2-HTML BUT I did not
> know where to set the link
>
> ln -s gcc /tools/bin/cc
>
> as it is not otherwise described I did this in binutils-build which
> seems to be wrong for me.

It doesn't matter where it is done, ln has its own syntax, one you need
to get used to :) read the man for more info.

> Thank you for your help, The command line output is below.
>
> greetings  willi moser
>
> ----------------
> lfs:/mnt/lfs/sources/linux-2.4.26$ make include/linux/version.h
> /bin/sh: line 1: .ver: No such file or directory
> make: *** [include/linux/version.h] Error 1
> lfs:/mnt/lfs/sources/linux-2.4.26$ make symlinks
> rm -f include/asm
> ( cd include ; ln -sf asm-i386 asm)
> ln: creating symbolic link `asm' to `asm-i386': Permission denied
> make: *** [symlinks] Error 1
> lfs:/mnt/lfs/sources/linux-2.4.26$

make sure the owner of the linux dir is lfs, you probably untarred it as
a different user.

btw, when something fails, like the make include/linux/version.h, you
normally try to solve it before you just continue with the next step.

--
Roel Neefs
http://lfs.rave.org/lfs/news.html and ftp://gaosu.rave.org/pub/linux/lfs