Linux-2.4.26 headers

vincent.vandaele at tele2.fr vincent.vandaele at tele2.fr
Fri May 14 12:55:19 PDT 2004

-----Message d'origine-----
De : lfs-support-bounces at linuxfromscratch.org [mailto:lfs-support-bounces at linuxfromscratch.org] De la part de wilhelm.moser at demos.at
Envoyé : vendredi 14 mai 2004 21:41
À : lfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org
Objet : Linux-2.4.26 headers

section : LFS-BOOK-5.1-pre2-HTML\chapter05\kernel-headers.html
Platform: RH9 Installation without updates!

I did it exactly as described in LFS-BOOK-5.1-pre2-HTML BUT I did not know
where to set the link

ln -s gcc /tools/bin/cc

as it is not otherwise described I did this in binutils-build which seems
to be wrong for me.

Thank you for your help, The command line output is below.

greetings  willi moser

----------------
lfs:/mnt/lfs/sources/linux-2.4.26$ make include/linux/version.h
/bin/sh: line 1: .ver: No such file or directory
make: *** [include/linux/version.h] Error 1
lfs:/mnt/lfs/sources/linux-2.4.26$ make symlinks
rm -f include/asm
( cd include ; ln -sf asm-i386 asm)
ln: creating symbolic link `asm' to `asm-i386': Permission denied
make: *** [symlinks] Error 1
lfs:/mnt/lfs/sources/linux-2.4.26$

lfs:/mnt/lfs/sources$ which gcc
/tools/bin/gcc
lfs:/mnt/lfs/sources$

--

YOu must create the lfs user as indicate in the lfs book
You must extract the linux.2.4.26.tar.gz with the lfs user and install headers as lfs user and not in root

good luck