install-log ??

Miguel Bazdresch lfs-01 at thewizardstower.org
Sun May 16 05:57:17 PDT 2004

* rick <shelton at onr.com> [2004-05-16 14:37]:

<snip>

> So, when and where should someone install install-log? At
> the end of chapter 5? installed to $LFS-5/usr so that it
> will continue to be available even after the tools directory
> is removed?

If you want to use it for ch. 6 packages, then install it at the end of
ch.5 into tools.

To use it after you boot into your new LFS then install it somewhere in
ch. 6 -- 'somewhere' meaning 'after its dependencies have been
satisfied'.

Personally, I've tried a couple of package management methods but never
for ch. 6 packages; I don't see the point. Besides, technically you'd be
deviating from the book, which can make it harder to get help fast if
you have other problems.

--
Miguel Bazdresch
http://thewizardstower.org/