some bootscripts doesn't work (loadproc?) lfs-cvs

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon May 17 10:54:16 PDT 2004

Rob van Dam wrote:

> I have build CVS-20040516 succesfully. Two bootscipts hangs at startup:
> localnet and sysklogd (I have to push them away with ctrl+d).  Both
> scripts are using loadproc. I removed loadproc from the scripts and
> everything works fine now. I fear that something is misconfigured. What
> can be wrong?

First, you are on the wrong list. If you are going to build a non-stable
LFS release you should use either lfs-dev or lfs-hackers, depending on
whether you are building a "testing" or "unstable" release, respectively.

This problem is already fixed in newer bootscripts releases; what
release did you use? The book is currently at 2.1.1-pre1.

> B.t.w. the file /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions is not executable, should it be?

No, files that are "sourced" by bash do not need to be executable.