Building glibc-2.3.2 pass1 with static gcc hangs

Joerg Hahn hahnjoerg at arcor.de
Tue May 18 00:27:52 PDT 2004

Moin

>  OK, but I think you originally said something about using the gcc in
> /tools/bin which is what you are supposed to be doing (as soon as
> something is built in /tools, we start to use it because bash's hashing
> is switched off).

I started making a LFS again, after I let it sleep some time. As I had
some experience with uClibc, I wanted to make LFS build itself with a
makefile. So I started building the makefiles, and went from package to
package. I came to glibc make check, and fell on my nose. I had no user
lfs, but a george, and I made it as george. I think george is as good as
lfs. Nevertheless, I missed some pages before the first package. I did
not set set +h and LC_ALL. First the PATH wasn' t set right, what I
corrected at once. Now I have a user lfs, start a shell script to set
the environment variables, and than I start the makefile.

>  I think you'll have to give us a little more detail.  What exactly did
> you type in that caused grep to "hang" ?  And I'll ask again, are you
> using something other than bash as the shell ?

My shell is the bash.

>  Did you use debian's tools to add the lfs user ?  If you did, it might
> have added more than you wanted - have a look at what printenv shows
> you.

I used linuxconf for it. I do this every time I start the makefile.

--
und dann

george