Chapter 6 Installing.. ksyslogd ksym_mod.o Error

wilhelm.moser at demos.at wilhelm.moser at demos.at
Fri May 21 08:48:46 PDT 2004

See, I'm not really a hardcore coder and I am really in trouble..

In file included from /tools/include/linux/module.h:10,
                 from ksym_mod.c:96:
/tools/include/linux/config.h:4:28: linux/autoconf.h: No such file or
directory
make: *** [ksym_mod.o] Error 1

------
What I might have done wrong!

I do want to script the installation with some basic, understandable
scripts like attatched with ps.:

I chrooted as mentioned in "Entering the chroot environment"  BUT I did
not do

pwconv
grpcong
passwd root

as mentioned in Shadow-4.0.4.1. on the first attempt.

I tried to run the attached script twice, then I entered

pwconv
grpcong
passwd root

manually and rerun the ksyslogd script with the same error.

Thank you

bye willi moser

--------------
#!/tools/bin/sh
WD="/sources"
cd $WD
rm -Rf sysklogd-1.4.1
tar -xvzf sysklogd-1.4.1.tar.gz
cd $WD/sysklogd-1.4.1
make
make install
cat > /etc/syslog.conf << "EOF"
# Begin /etc/syslog.conf

auth,authpriv.* -/var/log/auth.log
*.*;auth,authpriv.none -/var/log/sys.log
daemon.* -/var/log/daemon.log
kern.* -/var/log/kern.log
mail.* -/var/log/mail.log
user.* -/var/log/user.log