chroot problems...

Bill's LFS Login lfsbill at nospam.dot
Sat May 22 03:45:04 PDT 2004

On Thu, 20 May 2004, Felix Jodoin wrote:

> Should I do that?

I was thinking that you may have omitted the disabling of the bash
hashing function (+h or hash -r, see bash man page, SHELL BUILTIN
COMMANDS) that is specified in the book. Figured maybe that was the
problem. Typing a naked hash will tell you if hashing is disabled or
not. If not, it should be disabled.

BTW, avoid top-posting if you can - makes conversation harder to follow.
I had to look twice for your words.

> On 16-May-04, at 10:19 AM, Bill's LFS Login wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 10 May 2004, Felix Jodoin wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >> I have been having an error at the end of chapter five (or beginning
> >> of
> >> chapter 6) in LFS 5.0. I have seen similar occurrences on this list,
> >> but none that relate to the problem I am having. I get the error
> >> (after
> >> chrooting and checking that "echo $LFS" gives me /mnt/lfs):
> >> /tools/bin/env: command not found.
> >> I run /tools/bin/env, and it's there. I tried "chroot $LFS" (alone)
> >> and
> >> I got:
> >> /bin/sh: command not found.
> >> Can anyone help me?
> >> Thanks,
> >> Felix Jodoin
> >> Email: felixj at shaw.ca
> >
> > Hmmm. Have you typerd "hash" recently? I wonder if this is related.
> ><snip>

> --
> Felix Jodoin
><snip some sig>