LFS5.1 Boot Hags -> Loopback

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat May 22 09:47:59 PDT 2004

Nils Kalweit wrote:

> I've a little problem booting my LFS installation.
> The boot hangs at "Bringing up the Loopback Interface" without any error
> message.

This is a known problem, you must have used a version of LFS bootscripts
different from what's in the book. What _exact_ version of the book did
you build, and what version of lfs-bootscripts did you use?

Was there some reason you couldn't search the mailing list archives for
this problem (it was addressed last week on this very list, I believe)?