LFS5.1 Boot Hags -> Loopback

Keith Antoine kantoine at optusnet.com.au
Sat May 22 14:09:26 PDT 2004

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> Nils Kalweit wrote:
>
>> I've a little problem booting my LFS installation.
>> The boot hangs at "Bringing up the Loopback Interface" without any
>> error message.
>

> This is a known problem, you must have used a version of LFS
> bootscripts different from what's in the book. What _exact_ version of
> the book did you build, and what version of lfs-bootscripts did you use?
>
> Was there some reason you couldn't search the mailing list archives
> for this problem (it was addressed last week on this very list, I
> believe)?

If I remember from a few days ago when someone else asked, the answer
was that you accepted default for the kernel
cpu instaed of selecting your installed cpu type. Yep my memory is crap
nowadays but am sure this was correct.

--
Keith Antoine
18 Arkana St, The Gap, Queensland, Australia PH:61-7-33002161