LFS5.1 Boot Hags -> Loopback

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat May 22 14:16:36 PDT 2004

Keith Antoine wrote:

> If I remember from a few days ago when someone else asked, the answer
> was that you accepted default for the kernel
> cpu instaed of selecting your installed cpu type. Yep my memory is crap
> nowadays but am sure this was correct.

No, that's not it at all. There were some versions of lfs-bootscripts
that were broken, and those were in the unstable book branch for a few
days. They were never in the stable branch, and they are not in the
unstable branch anymore. That's why I asked exactly which book and
bootscripts version was used. If he's using the unstable branch and is
unable to diagnose this problem (especially when it has already been
reported), then he shouldn't be using the unstable branch (and this was
also the wrong list to report it to).