LFS on ARM

richard at nezumi.plus.com richard at nezumi.plus.com
Sun May 23 04:05:50 PDT 2004

On 2004-05-17 19:40:18 +0000, James Inge wrote:

> I am trying to build a LFS 5.0 system for the Arm architechture, and
> have been running into difficulties with the toolchain.  Basically, I
> can compile everything without errors, but when I try to run programs,
> many of them segfault.  In many (but not all cases), the problem goes
> away if the program is compiled statically.  From reading mailing list
> archives, I think it is a bug arising from the combination of binutils,
> glibc and gcc used.  (More details below)
>
> Has anyone else had this problem?  Are there any patches or compile time
> options I can use to make it go away?  Static compiling is rather
> tedious, space consuming, and doesn't always work.
>
> Otherwise, what is the most recent toolchain that anyone has got working
> on an Arm system?
>
> I'd be very grateful if anyone can help.

I am having similar problems with a cirrus logic EP7312 (ARM-720T core).
I have just got back from China sorting out manufacturing problems, so
I could be a little out of date with what is going on. In short, busybox
works, pppd does not. Everything is cross compiled, because the target
is too small store a native compiler.

Richard