glibc-compile error

Keith Antoine kantoine at optusnet.com.au
Sun May 23 21:37:30 PDT 2004

I am using Mandrake 10 I made  lfs up from Linux From Scratch - Version
5.1-20040513. Downloaded the packages and patchs. Built to linux-2.4.26
headers ok. However Glibc-2.3.3 is erroring out with this meesage in
configure:-

checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for long double... yes
checking size of long double... configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (long
double), 77
See `config.log' for more details.

I see that the command that I did a copy paste on calls 'linuxthreads' which I
did not download, however the gnu site said its included in Glibc now, this
correct ? I am using glibc-2.3.3-lfs-5.1.

It also says see the config.log but cannot find one anywhere.

I have looked at the faq etc but  cannot see anything related, but then at 70
I get confused as I have no knowlege of programming at all. I have been
installing progs fpr some years though, though rpms and deps are a pain.

I log into mandrake then I do "export LFS=/mnt/lfs" then call "echo $LFS"
to see if its ok. I then su - lfs and type in the password. Is this all thats
necessary ?

--
Keith Antoine aka Skippy
Linux-users at linux-sxs.org or 18 Arkana St, The Gap, Queensland, Australia