glibc-compile error

Keith Antoine kantoine at optusnet.com.au
Mon May 24 00:54:12 PDT 2004

Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:

> Keith Antoine wrote:
>
>> checking size of long double... configure: error: cannot compute
>> sizeof (long double), 77
>

> Known bug, introduced in glibc on April, 17. Details: Glibc configure
> script wants to run a test program linked against
> /tools/lib/libgcc_s.so.1. But this directroy is not in the library
> search path, and therefore the compiled program won't run. To work
> around this:
>
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/tools/lib ../glibc-2.3.4-20040510/configure --stuff
> make
> make install

Many thanks for the informative reply and solution. However I am still a
bit unsure.
In Chapter 5 on installing glibc the configure command has many other
selections
also in it than the one you presented. Are the others defunt now i.e
--disable-profile
--enable-add-ons=linuxthreads and so on.

--
Keith Antoine
18 Arkana St, The Gap, Queensland, Australia PH:61-7-33002161