glibc-compile error

Keith Antoine kantoine at optusnet.com.au
Mon May 24 16:02:55 PDT 2004

Jeremy Utley wrote:

> Keith Antoine wrote:
>
>> Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:

>>> Known bug, introduced in glibc on April, 17. Details: Glibc
>>> configure script wants to run a test program linked against
>>> /tools/lib/libgcc_s.so.1. But this directroy is not in the library
>>> search path, and therefore the compiled program won't run. To work
>>> around this:
>>>
>>> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/tools/lib ../glibc-2.3.4-20040510/configure --stuff
>>> make
>>> make install
>>

>> Many thanks for the informative reply and solution. However I am
>> still a bit unsure.
>> In Chapter 5 on installing glibc the configure command has many other
>> selections
>> also in it than the one you presented. Are the others defunt now i.e
>> --disable-profile
>> --enable-add-ons=linuxthreads and so on.
>>
> Use the brains god gave a goose and under stand that he didn't want to
> type all of that out, so instead did it as he did.
>
> -J-

Umm, I am sure the original poster would not be as intolerant of me as
you certainly are; Young are You, yes must be!
See my sig block, I am medically handicapped after a serious heart
attack which starved the barin of bloodflow, I am
an nusciance 'oldie' (over 70). I had many years in computing on and
off, starting in 56 with Tommy Flowers on colossus
5. Unfortunately the problem robbed me and now it takes ages to do what
I did in seconds. I was young ance but hopefully
I was not intolerant nor acted like a 15 yr old if I could help it. I
trust that you will get old and find out its no picnic.

BTW some long time after sending message I reread it and then wondered
if that was the case. Not to pick on the Aleexander
but if he had used (add otherstuff) instead of --stuff which on a glance
looked like a command then I just might have picked it up.

I trust you have a 'nice' day too

--
Keith Antoine
18 Arkana St, The Gap, Queensland, Australia PH:61-7-33002161