error on chapter 6 readjusting

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Wed May 26 07:21:00 PDT 2004

On Wed, 26 May 2004, Thomas Buchmann wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i successfully completed all the steps of LFS 5.1 up to readjusting in
> chapter 6. when i try to compile the dummy program i get a linker error:
>
> root:/binutils-build2# cc dummy.c
>
> /tools/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.3.3/../../../../i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld:
> error while loading shared libraries: libbfd-2.14.so: cannot open
> shared object file: No such file or directory collect2: ld returned
> 127 exit status
>
> maybe someone knows the solution for this problem.
>
> Thanks
>
> Thomas

 You've successfully run `make -C ld INSTALL=/tools/bin/install install'
from the directory you are in ?  In my scripts I then rm the binutils
and binutils-build directories, before I run the sed on the specfile and
then try to compile the dummy program.

 I suspect you've overlooked the sed on the specfile, or else something
went wrong with it.

 If you didn't run the sed, the fix is easy.  If you did run it, you
need to examine what it has done so that you can alter the current state
to how it ought to be.

Ken