LFS 5.1 on Fedora Core 2 GCC Configure Errors

Ryan Julian ryancjulian at yahoo.com
Thu May 27 21:37:12 PDT 2004

I'm doing an LFS with Fedora Core 2 as my host.
I am just into chapter 5 and am trying to configure GCC for compilation.
The command it type is this:
../gcc-3.3.3/configure --prefix=/tools --with-local-prefix=/tools
--disable-nls --enable-shared --enable-languages=c

This is the ouput after executing:

Configuring for a i686-pc-linux-gnu host.
Created "Makefile" in /mnt/lfs/sources/gcc-build using "mt-frag"
/tools/bin/ld: unrecognized option '--as-needed'
/tools/bin/ld: use the --help option for usage information
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** The command 'gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c' failed.
*** You must set the environment variable CC to a working compile
                                              r.

Does anybody have any idea what is causing this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Ryan Julian