permission denied error

Keith Antoine kantoine at optusnet.com.au
Sun May 30 02:42:19 PDT 2004

Matthew Burgess wrote:

>On Sun, 30 May 2004 18:23:32 +1000
>Keith Antoine <kantoine at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>

>>I made the same error and it took quite a while to work out as the
>>book is not 'specific' as to where
>>one should be when you issue the commands.
>>

>Errr, yes it is -
>http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/view/5.1/chapter05/chapter05.html#ch-tools-introduction:
>
>---
>Before issuing the build instructions for a package, you are expected to
>have already unpacked it (explained shortly) as user lfs, and to have
>performed a cd into the created directory. The build instructions assume
>that you are using the bash shell.
>---
>
>Regards,
>
>Matt.

Yes I did read that and as I was sued in and therefore in /home/lfs it
took a while to realise that I was supposed
to have issued a cd to /mnt/lfs/source/xxx. I was concentrating on the
book pages and literally interpreting what
I read, which caused the ambiguity. I realised that the person was doing
what I did and I also realise how difficult
it is to write something literally.

But thanks I stand corrected.

--
Keith Antoine AKA "Skippy" or 'Gandalf the beardless'
18 Arkana St, The Gap, Queensland, Australia PH:61-7-33002161