dpkg/apt as package manager over temp lfs system 5.0

Subir pradhanang subir at mpp.org.np
Sun May 30 22:26:40 PDT 2004

-----Original message-----
From: Svedese nospam at nonnnonno.it
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 11:50:12 -0500
To: lfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org
Subject: Re: dpkg/apt as package manager over temp lfs system 5.0

>  I'm trying to do the same thing and i have had the same problem with apt,
>  the solution is to compile the version 0.5.24 (the last).

Thanks for your suggestion. Did you mean apt 0.5.24 or apt 0.6.24? We looked for 0.5.24 but were unable to find that specific version. But we did find the experimental version of 0.6.24 and it did work for us.

>  For lfs, are you using the packages from debian?

No, we are using checkinstall and making debian (.deb) package from source. After that we are installing that debian package with dpkg on our lfs system for chapter 6.

>From which point onward did you use the dpkg package manager in lfs chapter 6? Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

>  How can you think to change the dependencies?

Regarding dependencies, that's what we think the real difficulty will be. By the way, have you tried it out?? And do you have any suggestions??