initscripts not running on bootup

Bob Hockney zeus at ix.netcom.com
Mon May 31 09:11:24 PDT 2004

Hi there,

I have a lfs system that has worked OK for some time, but now when I boot up
after the normal kernel messages init starts in runlevel 3 (the default in
inittab) and then immediately goes to a login prompt.  It never runs the
initscripts.  I am able to login and manually run through the scripts in
rcsysint.d, then run /etc/rc.d/init.d/rc 3 and everything seems to work OK,
with the exception of sshd, which will run in the foreground but not as a
daemon.  Following is my inittab file.  I would appreciate anyones thoughts on
this.  Thanks in advance.

-Bob

====

id:3:initdefault:

si::sysinit:/etc/rc.d/init.d/rc sysinit

10:0:wait:/etc/rc.d/init.d/rc 0
11:S1:wait:/etc/rc.d/init.d/rc 1
12:2:wait:/etc/rc.d/init.d/rc 2
13:3:wait:/etc/rc.d/init.d/rc 3
14:4:wait:/etc/rc.d/init.d/rc 4
15:5:wait:/etc/rc.d/init.d/rc 5
16:6:wait:/etc/rc.d/init.d/rc 6

ca:12345:ctrlaltdel:/sbin/shutdown -t1 -a -r now

su:S016:once:/sbin/sulogin

1:2345:respawn:/sbin/agetty tty1 9600
2:2345:respawn:/sbin/agetty tty2 9600
3:2345:respawn:/sbin/agetty tty3 9600